To effectively support Australian schools, teachers and students at this time, Primary Connections is customising its resources for the current circumstances, informed by teachers, state and territory education departments, and national agencies.
Primary Connections is developing learning and teaching resources suitable for implementation under the current circumstances. In developing resources, as much as possible we aim to:
- Give teachers flexibility and agency with resources to most appropriately deliver at-home learning for different contexts and student needs.
- Equip teachers to support parents and carers to implement learning at home.
- Link science with literacy, be guided by education research, incorporate collaborative learning principles, and include opportunities for investigating and embedded assessment.
- Encourage curiosity, build an awareness of science in our everyday world, and develop scientific literacy.
New resources are added regularly. Subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed about the newest resources available.
Science will solve this, teachers will shine through this.
A curated list of resources, available on Scootle, that complement the teaching and learning of a Primary Connections unit. Playlists include texts, photographs, videos, interactive games and activities.
Educational activities with supporting resources, suited for a range of ages, varied topics and using everyday items found in and around the home.
Teaching and learning packages including a lesson sequence and supporting resources that are modified versions of our familiar curriculum units.
Online Professional Learning
NEW online course: Create a design brief with Primary Connections
- Australian Academy of Science
Fact-checked and reliable COVID-19 information from the Australian Academy of Science.
- Curious Videos
Short, engaging videos, rigorously reviewed by Fellows of the Academy and other experts in the specific scientific field.
- reSolve: Maths by Inquiry
An innovative national program that promotes relevant and engaging mathematics teaching and learning from Foundation to Year 10.
- Science by Doing
A comprehensive online secondary school science program for Years 7 to 10.