Types of supporting resources
Each Primary Connections unit provides everything that a teacher needs:
- Clear, step by step lessons that have been trialled in schools across the country
- Student resources (Resource sheets located in PDFs, e-Resource sheets as editable Word documents)
- Comprehensive science background information for teachers, checked by Fellows of the Australian Academy of Science
- Equipment Lists; simple, readily available equipment for teaching science
- Identified science and literacy outcomes for each lesson
- Lesson overviews and planners
- Full alignment information against the Australian: Curriculum, in particular Science.
All of our units are available as a free download from Scootle.
We have also developed a suite of supporting resources that complement implementation of the units. Digital resources, such as Assessment rubrics, are freely downloadable for members and are accessible on each curriculum unit page when you are signed in. Print resources, including print copies of the units, are available through our distributor Abacus.
The types of resources available for each unit are shown as icons on the Curriculum resource page. You can filter the units by the types of resources available. More detailed descriptions of the resources can be found by clicking on the resource types in the right-hand bar.