These lesson sequences support teachers to facilitate science learning for students who are at home.
The resources have been developed to be flexible, catering for the many different approaches to home-supported learning that schools have adopted. We acknowledge the role of parents and carers as supporters of learning led by teacher expertise.
Ideally, Science at home resources should be implemented with teacher guidance so that timing, context, curriculum, and assessment can be accounted for.
Science at home resource packages offer flexibility, and include:
- Teachers can edit to cater for student literacy levels, and for family resources.
- Teachers might use the PowerPoint to facilitate lessons in real-time via video, record a voice-over for students to access at a time that suits them, or send to parents to guide the learning at home.
- Outlines formative assessment opportunities and links to the Australian Curriculum.
- Summarises the Primary Connections approach.
- Provides an overview of the lesson sequence, and the resources required.